Student Awards Day!
On Wednesday, March 29th, we are celebrating our annual Student Awards Day in conjunction with our 45th Annual Hogg and Craig Lectures! Our guest speaker is Dr. Xiao-Li Meng. Dr. Meng is the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Whipple V. N. Jones Professor of Statistics, at Harvard University.
More information about Dr. Meng: http://statistics.fas.harvard.edu/people/xiao-li-meng
More information about the 45th Annual Hogg and Craig Lectures: https://stat.uiowa.edu/events/2017-hogg-and-craig-lecturer-dr-xiao-li-meng
We are presenting student awards at 3:00 p.m. in 302 Schaeffer Hall on Wednesday, March 29th. Please come to this event to support your fellow students!
The student awards include:
- Allen T. Craig Award for outstanding teaching assistant
- Honorable Mention for outstanding teaching assistant(s)
- Henry L. Rietz Award for outstanding performance on the PhD Comprehensive Exams
- Lloyd A. Knowler Award for outstanding achievement in Actuarial Science (for one undergraduate and one graduate student)
- Robert H. Taylor-Byron Cosby Awards for outstanding performance in ACTS:3080; Mathematics of Finance (for one undergraduate and one graduate student)
- Robert H. Taylor-Allen Craig Awards for outstanding performance in ACTS:4130; Quantitative Methods for Actuaries (for one undergraduate and one graduate student)
- Robert H. Taylor-Lloyd Knowler Awards for outstanding performance in ACTS:4280; Life Contingencies II (for one undergraduate and one graduate student)
- Taylor Award in Actuarial Stochastics