2018 Fall Class Registration-- Early registration begins on April 9
Many of our courses are restricted to our majors (Statistics and Actuarial Science) through April 20, 2018.
If you want to add one of our Fall 2018 courses you can do so when your registration window opens on MYUI. If the class you want to add is full add your name to the waiting list. If MYUI will NOT let you get on the waiting list, please complete the form on MYUI and we will get back to you. If you have questions please contact us directly at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When emailing us PLEASE include:
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number
The following courses are restricted to majors during early registration. The restriction will be removed on April 20th so all majors can enroll.
- STAT:2010 Statistical Methods and Computing
- STAT:3200 Applied Linear Regression
- STAT:4200 Statistical Methods and Computing (ONLY for GRADUATE STUDENTS)
- STAT:5100 Statistical Inference I
- STAT:5200 Applied Statistics I
- STAT:5400 Computing in Statistics I
The following courses are restricted to majors:
- STAT:4100:0001 (Only Section 0001) Mathematical Statistics
- STAT:5090 ALPHA Seminar
- ACTS:4130 Quantitative Methods for Actuaries
- ACTS:4380 Mathematics of Finance II
- STAT:4560 (Statistics for Risk Modeling)
If you are an undergraduate and need to take a course over the 5000 level, you will need special permission. Please double check to be sure you have met the pre-requisites.
Please contact us directly at: email@example.com
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number you wish to add
Are you an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE INTEREST Student needing to meet with your advisor?
- Meet with your advisor at the Advising Center! They are the ones that give you authorization to register. Be sure you are touching base with your advisor and making those planning and registration appointments! After you have done this…and have a plan…great!
- If your advisor is Ignacio Alvarez (who typically advises our sophomores and juniors), please make an appointment via MYUI!
- Questions? Stop into 241 SH (see Margie) OR email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your full name and UI number.
IF you an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE student...and your advisor is not Ignacio Alvarez:
- Your advisor is Professor Elias Shiu, email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Finance Information:
In order to register into FIN:3300 Corporate Finance all Actuarial Science Students (MS and Undergraduates) will need to request permission by submitting a form located on the website (below). This is required for all certificate students (RMI, Entrepreneurship, IBC, Leadership) and non-business students (Math track C, Actuarial Science, Informatics) wanting to enroll in Tippie College of Business courses. One of the prerequisites for FIN:3300 Corporate Finance is FIN:3000 Introductory to Financial Management, so to get this waived submit the following.
- "I have checked the course prerequisites on MYUI and I have met them" say Yes, if you have taken (or are currently enrolled) ACTS:3080 Mathematics of Finance I
- "Please enter any additional information you wish to provide". State that you have taken (or are currently enrolled) in ACTS:3080 Mathematics of Finance I (since they consider this to be an acceptable and can be the used as prerequisite of FIN:3000).
- Note: Replies or decisions will not be sent to non-University of Iowa email accounts!
Permission will then be granted to enroll in the course on Monday, April 16, the beginning of the second week of early registration.
Actuarial Science Interest Students are not given special permission during this early registration period to register for Corporate Finance. Keep checking for openings after early registration ends on April 20, 2018.
The policy, form, and general process will remain the same, but questions and/or follow-up should be directed to Jennifer Blair in the Tippie Undergraduate Program Office (email@example.com).
Enrollment policy for non-Tippie Students: https://tippie.uiowa.edu/current-students/undergraduates/academics/advising/non-tippie-students
Not a Tippie student? Here's how to take our courses. Students who are not admitted to a degree seeking undergraduate program in the Tippie College of Business may ...
*For Non-Business Majors. This form is for undergraduate courses only. For graduate courses, please contact the department offering the course.
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations.
We cannot help you gain permission to add:
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (PSQF:4143) (STAT:4143)
- Intermediate Statistical Methods (PSQF:6243) (STAT:6513)
Please contact Psych & Quant to receive permission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Biostatistics (College of Public Health).
Stat undergrads wanting to take BIOS:5310 for example it is (co-listed as IGPI:5310 and STAT:5810) will need to email email@example.com with their student ID, the name of the course, the course number and she will give them permission to register (if she can).