Early registration for fall classes begins on April 12
Many of our courses are restricted to our majors (Actuarial Science, Data Science and Statistics) through April 23. Actuarial Science Interest is a holding place and MYUI does not recognize it as a major so often special permission will be required.
If you want to add one of our FALL 2021 courses, you can do so when your registration window opens on MYUI. If the class you want to add is full, add your name to the waiting list. We are going to offer additional seats in many of our classes and preference will be given to our students who are on these wait lists. We do not know if additional classes will be offered or conducted virtually at this time. The PLAN is to have most classes held FACE-TO-FACE.
When emailing PLEASE include:
- Students full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following courses are restricted to majors (Statistics, Actuarial Science and Data Science) during early registration. The restriction will be removed on May 2 so AFTER THAT DATE all other majors can enroll.
- STAT:2010 Statistical Methods and Computing
- STAT:3100:0001 and 0002 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics
- STAT:3200:0001 and 0002 Applied Linear Regression
- STAT:5100 Statistical Inference
- STAT:5200 Applied Statistics
- STAT:5400 Computing in Statistics
The following courses are restricted to majors and will not be open to non-majors without the instructors permission:
- ACTS:4130 Quantitative Methods for Actuaries (for Actuarial Science ONLY)
- ACTS:4380 Mathematics of Finance II (for Actuarial Science ONLY)
- STAT:4560 Statistics for Risk Modeling
- STAT:4890 Data Science Practicum
- STAT:5090 ALPHA Seminar
The following course IS restricted to Graduate Students:
- STAT:4200 Statistical Methods and Computing
If you are an undergraduate and need to take a course over the 5000 level, you will need special permission. Please double check to be sure you have met the pre-requisites.
Please contact us directly at email@example.com
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number you wish to add
Are you an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE INTEREST or STATISTICS OR DATA SCIENCE Student needing to meet with your advisor?
- Contact the Advising Center to set up appointments. Start here. https://advisingcenter.uiowa.edu/
- If your advisor is Emma Kirk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Irene Maundu (email@example.com who typically advises our sophomores and juniors), please email them soon!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your full name and UI number.
IF you are an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE student...and if your advisor is not Emma or Irene:
- If your advisor is Professor Elias Shiu, email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Finance Information:
In order to register into FIN:3300 Corporate Finance all Actuarial Science Students (MS and Undergraduates) will need to request permission by submitting a form located on the website (below). This is required for all non-business students wanting to enroll in Tippie College of Business courses.
When completing the form:
- For the question, "I have checked the course prerequisites on MYUI and I have met them" say Yes. The College will waive the prerequisites for Actuarial Science majors.
- Permission to enroll will be applied on the second Monday of early registration, which will be April 19 this semester.
- Note: Replies or decisions will not be sent to non-University of Iowa email accounts!
- Actuarial Science Interest Students are not given special permission to register for Corporate Finance.
Questions and/or follow-up should be directed to Jennifer Blair in the Tippie College of Business at email@example.com.
Enrollment policy for non-Tippie Students: https://tippie.uiowa.edu/current-students/undergraduates/academics/advising/non-tippie-students
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations.
We cannot help you gain permission to add:
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (PSQF:4143) (STAT:4143)
- Intermediate Statistical Methods (PSQF:6243) (STAT:6513)
Please contact Psych & Quant to receive permission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Biostatistics (College of Public Health).
Stat undergrads wanting to take BIOS:5310 (co-listed as IGPI:5310 and STAT:5810) need to email email@example.com with their student ID and she will give them permission to register.