Spring 2022 Registration begins on November 8th
Many of our courses are restricted to our majors (Actuarial Science, Data Science and Statistics) through November 19. Actuarial Science Interest is a holding place and MYUI does not recognize it as a major so often special permission will be required.
If you want to add one of our SPRING 2022 courses, you can do so when your registration window opens on MYUI. If the class you want to add is full, add your name to the waiting list.
When emailing PLEASE include:
- Students full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number you want to ADD
Send to: email@example.com
The following courses are restricted to majors (Statistics, Actuarial Science and Data Science) during early registration. The restriction will be removed on November 19 so AFTER THAT DATE all other majors can enroll.
- STAT:3101:0001 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics
- STAT:3200:0001 and 0002 Applied Linear Regression
- STAT:3210 Experimental Design and Analysis
- STAT:4580 Data Visualizations and Data Technologies
The following courses are restricted to majors and will not be open to non-majors without the instructors permission (email the faculty for permission or email the department):
- ACTS:4380 Mathematics of Finance II (for Actuarial Science ONLY)
- DATA:4890 Data Science Practicum
- STAT:6220 Statistical Consulting
If you are an undergraduate and need to take a course over the 5000 level, you will need special permission. Please double check to be sure you have met the pre-requisites.
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number you wish to add
Are you an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE INTEREST or STATISTICS or DATA SCIENCE Student needing to meet with your advisor?
- Contact the Advising Center to set up appointments with your advisor. Start here. https://advisingcenter.uiowa.edu/
- If your advisor is Emma Kirk (email@example.com) please email her soon!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your full name and UI number.
IF you are an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE student...and if your advisor is not Emma:
- If your advisor is Professor Elias Shiu, email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Finance Information:
In order to register into FIN:3300 Corporate Finance all Actuarial Science Students (MS and Undergraduates) will need to request permission by submitting a form located on the website (below). This is required for all non-business students wanting to enroll in Tippie College of Business courses.
When completing the form:
- For the question, "I have checked the course prerequisites on MYUI and I have met them" say Yes. The College will waive the prerequisites for Actuarial Science majors.
- Permission to enroll will be applied on the second Monday of early registration, which will be April 19 this semester.
- Note: Replies or decisions will not be sent to non-University of Iowa email accounts!
- Actuarial Science Interest Students are not given special permission to register for Corporate Finance.
Questions and/or follow-up should be directed to Mike Schluckebier in the Tippie College of Business at email@example.com
Enrollment policy for non-Tippie Students: https://tippie.uiowa.edu/current-students/undergraduates/academics/advising/non-tippie-students
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations.
We cannot help you gain permission to add:
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (PSQF:4143) (STAT:4143)
- Intermediate Statistical Methods (PSQF:6243) (STAT:6513)
Please contact Psych & Quant to receive permission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Biostatistics (College of Public Health).
Stat undergrads wanting to take BIOS:5310 (co-listed as IGPI:5310 and STAT:5810) need to email email@example.com with their student ID and she will give them permission to register.