Spring Registration for UI Courses
Early registration for Spring classes begins on November 11th, 2020. See your advisers early!
Many of our courses are restricted to our majors (Actuarial Science, Data Science and Statistics) through November 22. Actuarial Science Interest is a holding place and MYUI does not recognize it as a major so often special permission will be required.
If you want to add one of our spring 2020 courses, you can do so when your registration window opens on MYUI. If the class you want to add is full, add your name to the waiting list. If MYUI will NOT let you get on the waiting list, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
When emailing us PLEASE include:
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number
The following courses are restricted to majors (Statistics, Actuarial Science and Data Science) during early registration. The restriction will be removed on November 21 so AFTER THAT DATE all other majors can enroll.
- STAT:2010 Statistical Methods and Computing
- STAT:3101:0001 and 0002 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics II
- STAT:3200:0001 and 0002 Applied Linear Regression
- STAT:4101:0001 and 0002 Mathematical Statistics II
The following courses are restricted to majors and will not be open to non-majors without the instructors permission:
- STAT:6220 Statistical Consulting
- ACTS:4380 Mathematics of Finance II (for Actuarial Science ONLY)
- ACTS:4010 (Actuarial Exam IFM Preparation)
The following course IS restricted to Graduate Students:
- STAT:4200 Statistical Methods and Computing
If you are an undergraduate and need to take a course over the 5000 level, you will need special permission. Please double check to be sure you have met the pre-requisites.
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your full name
- UI # or Hawk Id
- What course number and SECTION number you wish to add
Are you an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE INTEREST Student needing to meet with your advisor?
- Meet with your advisor at the Advising Center! They are the ones that give you authorization to register. Be sure you contact your advisor and make a plan and registration appointments! After you have done this…and have a plan…great!
- If your advisor is Emma Kirk (email@example.com) or Irene Maundu (firstname.lastname@example.org(who typically advises our sophomores and juniors), please make an appointment via MYUI!
- Questions? Stop into 241 SH (see Margie) OR email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and UI number.
IF you are an Undergraduate ACTUARIAL SCIENCE student...and if your advisor is not Emma or Iriene:
- your advisor is Professor Elias Shiu, email him directly at email@example.com
Corporate Finance Information:
In order to register into FIN:3300 Corporate Finance all Actuarial Science Students (MS and Undergraduates) will need to request permission by submitting a form located on the website (below). This is required for all non-business students wanting to enroll in Tippie College of Business courses.
When completing the form:
- For the question, "I have checked the course prerequisites on MYUI and I have met them" say Yes. The College will waive the prerequisites for Actuarial Science majors.
- Permission to enroll will be applied on the second Monday of early registration, which will be November 18 this semester.
- Note: Replies or decisions will not be sent to non-University of Iowa email accounts!
- Actuarial Science Interest Students are not given special permission to register for Corporate Finance.
Questions and/or follow-up should be directed to Jennifer Blair in the Tippie College of Business at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment policy for non-Tippie Students: https://tippie.uiowa.edu/current-students/undergraduates/academics/advising/non-tippie-students
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations.
We cannot help you gain permission to add:
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (PSQF:4143) (STAT:4143)
- Intermediate Statistical Methods (PSQF:6243) (STAT:6513)
Please contact Psych & Quant to receive permission: email@example.com
Many of our courses are co-listed with the Department of Biostatistics (College of Public Health).
Stat undergrads wanting to take BIOS:5310 (co-listed as IGPI:5310 and STAT:5810) need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their student ID and she will give them permission to register.