Timeline for Creative Component, 2018-19
Important Dates for 2nd Year MS Statistics Students
- MS Students: Tuesday, August 14, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Applied Statistics Exam, 40 Schaeffer Hall.
- MS Students: Thursday, August 16, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Mathematical Statistics Exam, 4030 Seaman's Center.
- MS Students: Thursday, August 16, 1 p.m. Meeting to review the creative component details and deadline schedule. 3258 Seaman's Center
- Monday, August 20- Classes begin. Be sure you are registered for Readings in Statistics STAT:6990. The sections number is your CC faculty ID number.
- Friday, August 24- Results of MS exams will be given to students (via letter in your mailbox in 241 SH). For each student, the faculty makes a recommendation (Pass, or Fail). If you fail, or choose to retake the one or more exams the make-up dates will be offered January 15-17, 2019.
- Monday, September 24- Students should have met at least twice with their Creative Component (CC) advisor by this day.
- Friday, October 19- Students must submit a one-page description to their CC advisor and the Chair of the CC Committee, which gives a tentative title of their CC, lists the objectives of their CC research, and describes the methods to be used to achieve those objectives. Students and advisors will agree on objectives to be completed by the end of fall semester.
- Monday, December 10- Students must submit a written progress report to their CC advisor and the Chair of the CC Committee including results obtained so far and what remains to be done. CC advisors will assign a grade of I ("Incomplete") to their advisees if the October 19 and December 10 deadlines are not met, or if the progress report does not indicate satisfactory completion of agreed-upon objectives.
- If Necessary: Tuesday, January 15- 8:30-11:30 a.m. 2nd Opportunity to Pass: Applied Statistics Exam. Room to be announced later.
- If Necessary: Thursday, January 17- 8:30-11:30 a.m. 2nd Opportunity to Pass: Mathematical Statistics Exam. Room to be announced later.
- Friday, January 25- Students must submit a first draft of their CC to their advisor and to the Chair of the CC Committee; an ICON drop box will be set up for submission to the latter.
- Friday, February 8- Students must submit a final draft to the ICON drop box by 11:59 p.m.
- Monday-Wednesday, February 25, 26, and 27- Students give oral presentations of their CCs.
- Friday, March 8- the CC Committee assigns a grade of satisfactory or unsatisfactory and informs students of their grades, by email. Those students who receive a grade of unsatisfactory will be informed as to what they need to do to improve their CC to a satisfactory level.