Timeline for Creative Component, 2022-23
Important Dates for 2nd Year MS Statistics Students
- MS Students: Tuesday, August 16, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Applied Statistics Exam
- MS Students: Thursday, August 18, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Mathematical Statistics Exam
- Monday, August 22- Classes begin. Be sure you are registered for Readings in Statistics STAT:6990. The sections number is your CC faculty ID number.
- Wednesday, August 24- Results of MS exams will be given to students (via e-mail). For each student, the faculty makes a recommendation (Pass, or Fail). If you fail, or choose to retake the one or more exams the make-up dates will be offered January 10 & 12, 2023. Sign up will be addressed later in the semester.
- Monday, September 19- Students should have met at least twice with their Creative Component (CC) advisor by this day.
- Friday, October 14- Students must submit a one-page description to their CC advisor and the Chair of the CC Committee, which gives a tentative title of their CC, lists the objectives of their CC research, and describes the methods to be used to achieve those objectives. Students and advisors will agree on objectives to be completed by the end of fall semester.
- Monday, December 5- Students must submit a written progress report to their CC advisor and the Chair of the CC Committee including results obtained so far and what remains to be done. CC advisors will assign a grade of I ("Incomplete") to their advisees if the October 14 and December 19 deadlines are not met, or if the progress report does not indicate satisfactory completion of agreed-upon objectives.
- If Necessary: Tuesday, January 10- 8:30-11:30 a.m. 2nd Opportunity to Pass: Applied Statistics Exam. Room to be announced later.
- If Necessary: Thursday, January 12- 8:30-11:30 a.m. 2nd Opportunity to Pass: Mathematical Statistics Exam. Room to be announced later.
- Friday, January 27- Students must submit a first draft of their CC to their advisor and to the Chair of the CC Committee; an ICON drop box will be set up for submission to the latter.
- Friday, February 3- Students must submit a final draft to the ICON drop box by 11:59 p.m.
- Monday-Wednesday, February 20, 21 and 22- Students give oral presentations of their CCs.
- Friday, March 10- the CC Committee assigns a grade of satisfactory or unsatisfactory and informs students of their grades, by email. Those students who receive a grade of unsatisfactory will be informed as to what they need to do to improve their CC to a satisfactory level.
Important Dates for 1st Year MS Statistics Students
- MS Students: Monday, August 14, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Applied Statistics Exam
- MS Students: Wednesday, August 16, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Mathematical Statistics Exam
- Monday, August 21- Classes begin. Be sure you are registered for Readings in Statistics STAT:6990. The sections number is your CC faculty ID number. (assignments of faculty will come in Spring 2023)