Creative Component Presentation Titles and Student, By Year
Back to top »
- Qian Tang, A Fast Algorithm for Kernel Quantile Regression
- Justin Kelana, A Comparison of Likelihood Free Inference Methods of the Approximate Bayesian Computation Methods
- Ian Hultman, Variational Autoencoders for International Classification of Diseases Codes
- Tyler Dennis, Can an Empty March Madness Bracket Give Enough Information to Predict a Bracket?
- Jessie Lu, Solving a Two-Stage Stochastic Linear Program with Complete Recourse with Varying Distributions of Random Variables
- Yujing Lu, Fast Prediction of the Frequency of Tropical Cyclones
- Yue Pan, The Semi-analytic Method in Lasso
- Tyler (William) Reynolds, "All Things to All People”: Modeling Attitudes to Social and Moral Issues in America and Western Europe Using Religious Attitudes
- Max Sampson, Comparing Doubly Robust Estimators with Other Estimators in Causal Inference and a Brief Check of a Proposed Missing-at-Random Data Estimator
- Yikai Zhang, Generalized Tic For Large-Margin Classifiers Strategies Using Spacial Analysis
- Haiyang Zhu, Reparameterization of Hierarchical Model Using Rating Dataset
- Brady Anderson, "Game, Set, Stat: A Comparison of Model Performance Using a Variety of Tennis Metrics"
- Brad Dougherty, "A Custom Package for STAT:6560: UIAppliedTS"
- Alexander Liebrecht, "Feedforward Neural Network Exploration on Ames Housing Data Tuesday"
- Xingzhi Wang, "Tensor, a natural representation of multi-dimensional and high-order data"
- Zhen Wang, "A Composite Topic Model: HMM-LDA and Its Applications in Language Learning."
- Fei Wu, "Bayesian Models for Multiclass Classification"
- Zongyi Xu, "Gaussian Process Regression Using Tree Kernel as Covariance Function"
- Willam Chew, "Comfort of Home: Components of the Home Court/Field Advantage."
- Ben Jacobs, "N-Gram Modeling in R."
- Jiayue Li, "Comparing the classification methods using the breast cancer cell dataset."
- Chris Penney, "CPU Parallel Processing and Rcpp Optimization in R."
- Chunlei (Jonah) Wang, "Simple and Scalable Posterior Interval Estimation."
- Ling Zhang, "K-Logistic Clustering."
- Xingyu Zhou, "Dual Regression with LASSO penalty."
- Tim Ambrose, "Confidence Interval Coverage for Small Sample Sizes."
- Yoon Joo Cho, "Identifying Political Party from a Candidate's Speech Patterns: Naive Bayes versus Logistic Regression."
- Carter Huggins, "Modeling Incurred Loss for Trucking Accidents in the United States."
- Tylar Jia, "Bayesian Variable Selection with Stan."
- Seung Wook Kim, "Correlation Matrices with the Positive Dominant Eigenvector and PCA Portfolios."
- Ben Lim, "Exchangeable Copulas with no Large-d Consistent Estimators: Investigating the Multivariate-t".
- Rebecca Rachan, "Comparison of Classification Methods in 2-dimensional Predictor Space."
- Alex Richter, "An Overview of Mark-Recapture Methods of Population Estimation.”
- Ruida Song, "Analysis of Time Series for Soil Moisture with Dynamic Linear Model."
- Liyang Sun, "Penalized Regression Model for Life Expectancy of Geriatric Patients".
- Chuyi Wang, “Pseudo Marginal Approach for Metropolis Hastings in Smooth Transition Auto-Regressive Model."
- Qing Xie, "Investigation of Sequential Maximum Likelihood Estimation in Multistage Testing Design."
- Shiyang Chen, "Flexible Canonical Correlation Analysis"
- Andrea Harlan, "An Investigation and Application of Random Forests"
- Baosheng He, "A Bayesian SPC Method for Count Data in the Presence of Outliers"
- Elizabeth Held, "Dimensionality Reduction Methods and Classification: An Empirical Study", Samuel Justice, "Some General Methods for Analyzing the COM-Poisson Distribution"
- Xun Li, "Forecasting of North Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Activity with Bayesian Model Averaging"
- Yiheng Liu, "New performance measure for PD models"
- Tyler Olson, "Examining the Biased and Unstable Behavior of Satterthwaite Degrees of Freedom"
- Huan Qin, "Apply Multi-Output Support Vector Regression to Time Series Prediction"
- Jin Rui, "Non-negative least squares for high-dimensional linear models"
- Jun Tang, "A Pairwise Dependence Measure of Spatial Extremes by the Peaks Over Threshold Approach"
- Alex Zajichek, "Modeling the probability of an NHL goal for player-placement strategy: A Naive (Bayes') approach"
- Hongda Zhang, “A New Linear Regression Method with High-Breakdown Point”
- Yue Zhao, "Sparse Linear Modeling of RNA Sequencing Data for Isoform Discovery"
- Qiansheng Zhu, "Solving convex relaxation to combinatorial 2-SUM problem”
- Emily Eck: “A Statistical Analysis of Baseball Spray Charts”
- Can Guo: “Comparison of Time Series ARIMA, random forest and boosted tree models”
- Rui Huang: “Concavely Penalized Clustering”
- Yunju Im: "Estimating the number of components in Gaussian mixture models through a concave splitting method"
- Haoming Li: “Detection of Region with Temporal-Spatial Change of Vegetation Cover”
- Cunxian Ma: "Improved exact confidence intervals for a binomial proportion"
- Steve Manning: "A Comparison of Several Techniques for Longitudinal Data Analysis with Missing Observations"
- Jin Meng: “Separating Jump Variation from Integrated Volatility via Wavelet Analysis, with Applications to Assessing the Seasonal Fluctuations in Nitrate Concentration in River Water in Iowa”
- Munir Nayak: "Modelling number of winter extreme precipitation events over the central United States"
- Giang Nguyen: “Simulations Using Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods”
- Reid Ronnander: "Statistical Applications in Music: Description and Classification"
- Tao Siyang: “The Exit Probabilities of a Renewal Risk Model”
- Tom Thanh: “Latent Dirichlet Allocation on Reddit Technology Posts”
- Wenda Tu: “Is Uranium a Good Surrogate for Radon in Predicting Lung Cancer: A Study on Bayesian Spatial Generalized Linear Model”
- Songtao Wan: “A Modification On No-Arbitrage Pricing Model Of Cat Bonds”
- Tyler Zemla: "An Analysis of Classification Tree-Determined Strike Zones in Major League Baseball"
- Allie Bishop: “Baseball Simulation: An Insight into the Cleveland Indians”
- Yaqin Deng: “A simulation and Comparison of Parametric and Nonparametric Bootstrap Methods on Time Series Data”
- Yuxing Hou: “Sequential Monte Carlo Methods and some of their Applications”
- Dirk Hugen: “Replication of Ang and Bekaert’s: How Regimes Affect Asset Allocation”
- Zhijiang (Van) Liu: “Spatial AR Model on Household Dental Expenditure Based on Alternative Distance”
- Michael Mitsche: “The Elephant of Big Data”
- Anna Pritchard: “An Investigation of Dichotomous-Response Classification Methods”
- Jinbo Qi: “Pathwise Expectation-Maximization Algorithm”
- Charlie Rowe: “Tony Gwynn's Unfinished Quest to Bat .400”
- Bo Wang: “An Application of the Composite Bridge Penalized Regression Algorithm to Linear Regression with Structural Changes”
- Sheng Wang: “Estimating Brood-specific Reproductive Inhibition Potency In Aquatic Toxicity Testing when A Toxicant Affects Both fecundity and Survival Of Organisms”
- Fuli Zhang: “Outlier Detection in Time Series via Penalized Likelihood Method”
- Data Analysis using Regression Trees by Yaqing Duan
- An Data-Augmentation Approach to Approximate Maximum Likelihood Function by Chao Fan
- Explore the Robustness of the Median Probability Model to Model Misspecification by Weichen Gao
- Pairing Time-Series for Treatment/Control Selection by Riad Jarjour
- A Paper Review: Hidden Markov Models for Microarray Time Course Data in Multiple Biological Conditions by Stephanie Kommes
- Efficiency of MCMC Sampling from a Multilevel Probit Regression on Polling Data by Stephanie Kriewall
- Optimal Sampling Designs for Finite Population Block Kriging in Two-Dimensions and Stream Networks by Andrew Meng
- Comparison of Variable Selection Methods for High Correlation Data by Menghan Li
- False Discovery Rates Under Conditions of Dependence by Samuel Lifton
- User Perceptions of Sound in Simple Linear Regression Diagnostics by Jessica Orth
- Predicting County-Level Results in the 2012 Presidential Election: Is the South Different by Owen Robinson
- Local Polynomial Estimation for Time Series Data by Li Zhang
- A Comparison Between Regression Estimator and Horvitz–Thompson Estimator using Faculty Survey Data-set by Yichi Zhang
- Identification of Risk Factors for Targeted Screening of Depressive Symptoms by Sarah Bell
- Bayesian Model Comparison for Binary Time Series: Interesting Simulation and Possible Explanation by Elizabeth Brokken
- Decisions for Implementing Factor Analysis Explored through an Empirical Data Set by Sean Callister
- Application of the SIMEX Algorithm on Spatial Point Patterns by Juan Cervantes
- Comparison of the Lasso and Minimax Concave Penalty Approaches to Fitting Models by Vikas Choudhary
- Comparing Priors for Bayesian variable Selection by Andrew Ghattas
- A review of robust parameter design illustrated by an experiment with paper helicopters by Chandler Minner
- Simulation study on the bounds for the bias of the empirical CTE by Seong Hee Ryu
- Ornament Plots: A Step Forward in Data Representation by Alex Sawyer
- Support Vector Machine and Some Applications by Congrui Yi
- Variable Selection Using Lasso and Elastic Net by Yinan Yu
- Regression analysis with censored response data with the EM algorithm by Jingxiang Chen
- Correcting for cross-sectional and time-series dependence by Silver Chung
- Paper review: "Sure independence screening for ultra-high dimensional feature space" written by J. Fan and J.lv (2008) by Kyung Yong Kim
- An investigation of intrinsic Gaussian Markov random field models with application to satellite image data by Feiran Jiao
- Propensity score matching methods in observational studies by Habib Kousse
- Comparing two methods in modeling threshold autoregressive processes by Shan Li
- Variable selection with stepwise methods in the presence of multicollinearity by Huan-Hsun Lin
- Multiparameter estimation for normal models by Cong Liu
- A review of response surface methods with a practical example by Barbara Monaco
- On classes of distributions that admit minimal & maximal members with respect to convex ordering by Harsimran Somal
- Continuous wavelet analysis of time series data by John Tiong
- Multiple imputation for missing data: Comparison of SAS and R methods by Jing Wang