College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
PhD in Statistics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, United States, 2018
MS, Bowling Green State University
BS, Nankai University
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science at the University of Iowa.
I obtained my Ph.D. at the University of Minnesota under the supervision of Professor Hui Zou. I got my master's degree in the business school at Bowling Green State University and my bachelor's degree at Nankai University.
Selected Professional Memberships
- American Statistical Association
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- Wang, B., Zou, H. (2018). Another look at distance-weighted discrimination. Journal of Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 80(1), 177-198. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/qre.1641.
- Koerner, T. K., Zhang, Y., Nelson, P. B., Wang, B. & Zou, H. (2017). Neural indices of phonemic discrimination and sentence-level speech intelligibility in quiet and noise: A P3 study. Hearing Research, 350, 58--67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heares.2017.04.009.
- Wang, B., Zou, H. (2016). Sparse distance weighted discrimination. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 25(3), 826-838. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10618600.2015.1049700.
- Koerner, T. K., Zhang, Y., Nelson, P. B., Wang, B. & Zou, H. (2016). Neural indices of phonemic discrimination and sentence-level speech intelligibility in quiet and noise: A mismatch negativity study. Hearing Research, 339, 40-49. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heares.2016.06.001.
- Ning, W., Yeh, A. B., Wu, X. & Wang, B. (2014). A nonparametric phase I control chart for individual observations based on empirical likelihood ratio. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 31, 37-55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/qre.1641.
- (2016). R package: sdwd. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sdwd/index.html.