Professor of Statistics and Actuarial Science, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Primary Office: 241 Schaeffer Hall (SH)
Iowa City, IA 52242
Iowa City, IA 52242
- PhD in Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 1986
- MS in Statistics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 1982
- BS in Animal Ecology, Iowa State University, Iowa City, Iowa, United States, 1980
- BS in Biometry, Iowa State University, 1980
Areas of Research Interest
- antedependence models
- linear model theory
- spatial statistics
- sports statistics
Selected Professional Memberships
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), 1986
- American Statistical Association (ASA), 1983
- Zimmerman, D. L., Buckland, S. T. (2019). Environmental sampling design. In Handbook of Environmental and Ecological Statistics. pp. 181-210. CRC Press.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (2019). Geostatistics. In Wiley Stats Ref: Statistics Reference Online.
- Zidek, J., Zimmerman, D. L. (2019). Monitoring network design. In Handbook of Environmental and Ecological Statistics. pp. 499-522. CRC Press.
- Zimmerman, D. L., Tang, J. & Huang, R. (In Press). Outline analyses of the called strike zone in Major League Baseball. Annals of Applied Statistics.
- Hogg, R. V., Tanis, E. A. & Zimmerman, D. L. (2019). Probability and Statistical Inference. (10th) Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (In Press). The 12-5 upset and other perceived anomalies of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament: Are they truly anomalous, and if so, what's responsible for them?. The American Statistician.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (In Press). The Theory of Linear Models, Exemplified. New York: Springer.
- Ayalew, T. B., Krajewski, W. F., Mantilla, R. & Zimmerman, D. L. (2018). Can floods in large river basins be predicted from floods observed in small subbasins?. Journal of Flood Risk Management, 11, 331-338. DOI: 10.1111/jfr3.12327.
- ElSaadani, M., Krajewski, W. F. & Zimmerman, D. L. (2018). River network based characterization of errors in remotely sensed rainfall products in hydrological applications. Remote Sensing Letters, 9, 743-752.
- Malanson, G. P., Fagre, D. B. & Zimmerman, D. L. (2018). Scale dependence of diversity in alpine tundra, Rocky Mountains, USA. Plant Ecology, 219, 999-1008.
Last Modified Date: September 20, 2019