Fellow, American Statistical Association
PhD in Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 1986
MS in Statistics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1982
BS in Biometry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 1980
BS in Animal Ecology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 1980
linear model theory
Selected Professional Memberships
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), 1986
- American Statistical Association (ASA), 1983
- Zimmerman, D., Lim, H. (2021). The middle-seed anomaly: Why does it occur in some sports tournaments but not others?. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports. DOI: loi/1-.1515/jqas-2020-0065.
- Karl, A. T., Zimmerman, D. L. (2020). A diagnostic for bias in linear mixed model estimators induced by dependence between the random effects and the corresponding model matrix. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 211, 107-118. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspi.2020.06.004.
- Malanson, G. P., Nelson, E. L., Zimmerman, D. L. & Fagre, D. B. (2020). Alpine plant community diversity in species-area relations at fine scale. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 52, 41-46.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (2020). Linear Model Theory, with Examples and Exercises. New York: Springer.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (2020). Linear Model Theory: Solutions to Exercises. Springer.
- Zimmerman, D. L., Zimmerman, N. D. & Zimmerman, J. T. (2020). March Madness "Anomalies": Are they real, and if so, can they be explained?. The American Statistician, 75, 207-216. DOI: https://doi.org.10.1080.00031305.2020.1720814.
- Wang, S., Zimmerman, D. L. & Breheny, P. (2020). Sparsity-regularized skewness estimation for the multivariate skew normal and multivariate skew t distributions. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 179. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmva.2020.104639.
- Zimmerman, D. L., Buckland, S. T. (2019). Environmental sampling design. In Handbook of Environmental and Ecological Statistics. pp. 181-210. CRC Press.
- Zimmerman, D. L. (2019). Geostatistics. In Wiley Stats Ref: Statistics Reference Online.
- Zidek, J., Zimmerman, D. L. (2019). Monitoring network design. In Handbook of Environmental and Ecological Statistics. pp. 499-522. CRC Press.