Joseph B. Lang
Joseph B. Lang is Professor in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, at the University of Iowa. He is a fellow of the American Statistical Association and an associate editor of Statistical Modelling: An International Journal. His current research includes work on categorical data methods, causal inference, randomization tests, missing data, and fiducial inference.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Lane Davis Award for Honors Team Teaching, The University of Iowa, 2012
- Elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association, 2007
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, University of Florida, Department of Statistics, 2004
- Collegiate Teaching Award, The University of Iowa, 2003
- Lauritsen, J., Heimer, K. & Lang, J. B. (2018). The Enduring Significance of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Male Violent Victimization: An Analysis of National Crime Survey Victimization Data, 1973-2010. DuBois Review, 69-87.
- Lang, J. B. (2018). CI.binom() Supporting software for "Mean-Minimum Exact Confidence Intervals," The American Statistician (Lang, 2017).
- Lang, J. B. (2017). Mean-Minimum Exact Confidence Intervals. The American Statistician, 71(4), 354-368.
- Iannario, M., Lang, J. (2016). Improved Tests of Conditional Independence in Stratified Tables. Statistics in Medicine, 35(25), 4573-4587.
- Lang, J. (2015). A Closer Look at Testing the 'No-Treatment-Effect' Hypothesis in Comparative Experiments. Statistical Science, 30(3), 352-371. DOI: 10.1214/15-sts513.
- Lang, J. B. (2008). Score and Profile Likelihood Confidence Intervals for Contingency Table Parameters. Statistics in Medicine, 5975-5990.
- Lang, J. B. (2005). Homogeneous Linear Predictor Models for Contingency Tables. Journal of the American Statistical Association-Theory and Methods, 121-134.
- Lang, J. B. (2004). Multinomial-Poisson Homogeneous Models for Contingency Tables. Annals of Statistics, 340-383.
- Lang, J. B. (1994). Simultaneously Modeling the Joint and Marginal Distributions of Multivariate Categorical Response Data. Journal of the American Statistical Association-Theory and Methods, 625-632.
- Lang, J., Iannario, M. (2013). Improved Tests of Independence in Singly-Ordered Two-Way Contingency Tables. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 68, 339-351. DOI: 10.1016/j.csda.2013.06.014.